Our client is an established, fast growing financial services provider, recognized as a leader in their field. We are looking for an experienced Director IT to oversee the Information Technology development function in our company. You will be in charge of a team of IT Managers, developers and testers and manage the company’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
We are seeking a seasoned Director IT with experience in the financial services industry. This individual will offer a solid technical background and be adept at managing and motivating people. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet corporate objectives.
The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the company.
– Overseeing all technology operations and evaluating them according to established goals
– Devising and establishing IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
– Cultivate a high performance, disciplined, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented development team that is highly effective for the business.
– Analyzing the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
– Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
– Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
– Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
– Control budget and report on expenditure
Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
Proven experience as IT Director or similar role
Experience managing an IT Development team for a financial services firm
Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
Experience in controlling information technology budget
Excellent organizational and leadership skills
Outstanding communication abilities
BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
Compensation: This role offers a solid base salary with an above-average bonus program
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada