Our client is an international automotive dealership software vendor looking to expand their Customer Care team. Reporting to the Customer Care Manager, the new position of Performance Manager will increase engagement with dealers to increase product utilization and build stronger relationships. The Performance Manager will join a team of customer relations specialists, working together to improve dealers expertise and knowledge of the solutions offered. From a career planning perspective, our client considers this role as a prime breeding ground for their sales roles, a considerably more lucrative opportunity.
• Work collaboratively with a matrixed team of Customer Care and Customer Relationship Analysts to build solid dealer relationships.
• Work with Customer Relationship Analysts to increase product and business process knowledge.
• Act as the lead point of contact for dealer account management issues.
• Develop and maintain strong, long-lasting dealer relationships.
• Conduct performance meetings with groups of dealers to discuss their utilization of software features to maximize benefits to customers.
• Report progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to the Customer Care Manager and participate in Customer Care meetings.
• Develop new business with existing clients by identifying areas of improvement to increase product and services utilization.
• Travel to dealerships to engage with customers identified as requiring intimate interaction.
• Develop and track key account metrics to obtain an accurate profile of specific dealer accounts.
• Help in the development of a monitoring tool that will proactively gauge dealership utilization and provide warning of any possible customer care concerns.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Solid understanding of business processes in automotive dealerships (ideally direct experience working at a dealership)
• Some knowledge of or experience with automotive dealership software such as dealer management systems, CRM, etc.)
• Proven work experience as an account manager, key account manager, customer relationship manager or other relevant experience.
• Experience communicating with, presenting to and influencing individuals at all levels of an organization.
• Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
• Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent account management projects while paying strict attention to detail
• A self-driven automotive industry pro with excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Able to analyze, understand and communicate customer business processes
• Strong customer service skills and experience with CRM practices
• Computer literate with specific competence in a Microsoft Windows/Office environment
• Project Management experience preferred and skilled at prioritizing work
• Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time, mostly locally but, occasionally, to the USA
• Post-secondary degree or college equivalent certification, or equivalent experience an asset,
Location: London, ON, Canada (but may consider other locales in the region)